But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen
II Peter 3:18
Sunday School at Spring City United Methodist Church begins at 9:45 every Sunday morning and concludes at 10:30 just before the Sunday Morning Worship Service, which begins at 11:00. Individual small groups meet at various locations around the campus focused on fellowship and centered on a Bible-based curriculum. At Spring City United Methodist Church, we enjoy gathering together to encourage one another in our life journey.
- NURSERY – The nursery is for children from birth to three years old. Since this is the first contact with the church, we try to make them happy and content, so they will want to come back. Their mothers can attend their class and know they are safe and cared for.
- KINDERGARTEN – Children from ages 3 to age 5 are cared for and welcomed. This class allows the parents to feel comfortable attending a Sunday School Class of their choosing while their young ones are being cared for and loved.
- ELEMENTARY 1st and 2nd GRADE – Using age appropriate materials from Cokesbury, classes include crafts, lessons from the Bible, and fun while doing it. Class size is small and personal with each boy and girl receiving almost one-on-one attention.
- ELEMENTARY 3rd through 5th GRADE – This class is for children in the third, fourth, and fifth grades and covers a variety of material and opportunities to continue learning more about our Judeo-Christian heritage, the church of Jesus Christ, Methodism, and especially about the events leading up to the birth, life, ministry, death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. A variety of activities including Bible study, crafts, interpreting in action, and Bible verses all contribute to the spiritual growth of each child. The older children prepare for confirmation class. The children also become involved in the activities and work of the Church; helping in the worship service, carrying out the duties of the acolyte program, joining in the youth choir, enhancing the service with their songs; and other activities suitable for this age group.
- YOUTH – Classes are available for youth 6th grade through 12th grade during the Sunday School hour. This is their opportunity to experience the relationship between the Bible and how it applies to daily living.
- CELEBRATION CLASS – An adult contemporary class of 15 – 20 couples and singles of all ages. Studies are Bible-based using modern day authors and current day issues. Open discussion is encouraged, and new members and visitors are warmly welcomed.
- YOUNG ADULT CLASS – This class is for college and career-age young adults using Biblical video and discussion-based material to grow in a Christ-centered life. This class meets in the Family Life Center.
- THE NEW GENERATION CLASS – Comprised of both men and women, both married and unmarried, ages 60 and older, the class welcomes future members and visitors. Rotating teachers provide for an array of Biblical lessons and methods in studying God’s Word, verse by verse. The current curriculum is centered on exploring Bible prophecies from Genesis to Revelation. Participation and discussions undergird each detailed study.
- PAIRS AND SPARES – Approximately 20 married, single, and widowed men and women attend this small group Bible topic study. Members utilize materials to provide for home study during the week and then group discussions on interesting points and life lessons.
- MEN’S CLASS – Using materials by David C. Cook, this class of married and widowed men, ages 60 and over, study the Gospel with life changing clarity applying its lessons in spiritual growth. Average class size is under ten members, allowing detailed discussions and interaction.