The Youth Director shall be committed to Jesus Christ and to the youth and their families of this church and our community. The Director shall demonstrate character traits of the highest caliber and display integrity and unquestionable moral standards. The Director shall possess the administrative skills necessary to carry out the job duties, as well as the interpersonal skills necessary for working with children, youth and adults.
The mission of the United Methodist Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. The Youth Director plays a vital part in this by providing the youth (grades 6-12) with opportunities to know and experience the love of Jesus and instilling in them a desire to be His disciples, as well as by establishing the foundation of our faith.
- Plan, promote, conduct, and oversee the various programs for youth ministry outlined in the Programs section of this document.
- Recruit, train, schedule, and encourage volunteers for the youth program.
- Build relationships with the youth and their families and be available to address concerns and identify needs.
- Co-chair Children and Youth Council meetings with the Children’s Director, to be held every other month or as necessary.
- Attend and submit report of youth activities and plans at Ministry Team meetings every other month.
- Communicate the activities of the youth group through the church webpage, newsletter, bulletin.
- Coordinate scheduling of youth activities through the church office.
- Attend educational and training workshops or seminars to develop effective ways to conduct youth programs.
- Submit budget proposal annually prior to annual church budget meeting and adhere to approved budget amount.
- Submit receipts and other documentation of expenditures of church funds to the church treasurer.
- Know, follow, and enforce the Safe Sanctuary policies of SCUMC.
- Weekly Sunday and Wednesday evening meetings of the youth group. These meetings to include Bible lessons to help our youth establish a relationship with Jesus Christ and help them to grow in their faith.
- Annual retreat(typically in January) to Resurrection youth conference in Pigeon Forge, TN.
- Annual fall retreat weekend.
- Annual youth mission trip.
- Other fun, spiritual, and/ormission activities throughout the year.
The Youth Director is under the direct supervision of the SCUMC Pastor and the general supervision of the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
JOB PERFORMANCE EVALUATION/REVIEW
A nominal 90 day Probationary Period will be imposed to evaluate job performance. At the completion of the probationary period, the Staff Parish Relations Committee will review job performance for final decision of permanent employment. Job performance will be reviewed annually by the SPRC.
WORK HOURS AND SALARY
An average of twenty(20) hours per week is expected, with distribution of work hours based on the youth activities. Some of the programs are annual events requiring additional hours, while other times may require less overall hours per week.
The annual salary for the Children’s Director is $17,250 per year, with pay on a biweekly basis.
How to Apply
If interested in any of our career opportunities please send us your resume.
Our contact information is:
Spring City United Methodist Church
PO Box 158, Spring City TN 37381
Or by phone for more information
Church Office – 423.365.6324